Fans will be pleased to hear that the second installment of Phantom Compass’ beloved ‘Rollers’ series will be arriving on PC in 2022. Rollers of the Realm: Reunion will combine pinball action with fantasy RPG, challenging physics puzzles and platforming adventures in the same way as the original game, Rollers of the Realm, winner of GDC’s prestigious “Best in Play” award in 2014.
Rollers of the Realm: Reunion will put players in the role of a group of endearing characters where they will roll, flip, nudge and dash their way around mazes and through physics-based puzzles. Players will be able to go solo or join up with a friend to roll throughout the land seeking out powerful ancient artifacts, gathering gear upgrades and recruiting NPC allies in order to save the world.
Each hero (represented by a ball) has their own distinct gameplay modifiers, sizes, stats and specials that make solving puzzles and resolving battles much more tactical and relies on swapping heroes. Rollers will be able to level up their heroes and take them on an epic journey through new worlds.
- Classic flipper based puzzles combined with role-playing character progression.
- Five different heroes, including the Knight, Mage, Rogue, Healer and the Goblin Prince, each with their own distinct physics modifiers, special abilities and upgradeable gear.
- A new Quest System encourages helpful adventurers with rewards for good deeds.
- Brand-new skills such as the ability to hot-swap your character mid-battle and time manipulation.
- Variety of levels, including 2D side-scrolling, top down stealth and puzzling mazes and labyrinths.
- A storyline set across more than 30 missions and 24 playfields.
- Two player co-op for those who don’t want to journey alone.
“Keeping Rollers of the Realm: Reunion a secret just might have been the toughest task of my career,” said Tony Walsh, CEO and Creative Director at Phantom Compass. “We are deeply proud of the first game, as mashing-up RPG mechanics with the many intricacies that make pinball so much fun was a fine balancing act. Given the wonderful response from players over the years, I think we nailed it — and Rollers of the Realm: Reunion is taking every successful beat one step further.”
Rollers of the Realm: Reunion will arrive for PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store in 2022.