Microids and developer Blazing Griffin (creators of Murder Mystery Machine and The Ship: Remasted) have unveiled their new detective game Agatha Christie – Hercule Poirot: The First Cases, coming to PC and consoles on 28th September. The First Cases follows the adventures of a young-ish Hercule Poirot before he became the renowned detective.
The early years of Poirot has never been explored before but The First Cases dives right in to allow players to experience one of his first cases as a young police officer and detective in pre-war Belgium.
This first case sees Poirot invited to a reception by the influential Van den Bosch family as they announce the engagement of their daughter. However, a snowstorm descends on the area trapping all within the manor and it’s not long before a murder sullies the happy announcement. The skills of Poirot come to great use as he seeks out secrets and rivalries to determine who the murderer was.
Agatha Christie – Hercule Poirot: The First Cases features:
- Play as Hercule Poirot at the beginning of his detective career in an untold crime story.
- Use your deduction skills to connect clues in the game’s Mindmap. A feature that allows players to visualise and link elements of the case.
- Solve a murder and find out more about the Van den Bosch family.
- Question suspects to gain information and pick up on suspicious behaviour.
- Explore a luxurious mansion full of buried mysteries where the murder isn’t the only case to be solved.
Agatha Christie – Hercule Poirot: The First Cases arrives on Xbox One, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Xbox Series X/S and PS5 via backwards compatibility on 28th September.