SNEG Ltd. has announced that they will be re-releasing their action-adventure classic, Blade of Darkness, on Steam and GOG this October. This 2001 gem has been updated for the modern generation of gaming PCs and features vicious combat mechanics and role-playing elements that helped influence future titles in the genre.
With Blade of Darkness take the role of one of four characters and use their unique strengths, weaknesses and skills to hack and slash through hordes of undead, monsters and more to save the world from the forces of chaos.
Blade of Darkness features:
- Choose from four characters – Tukaram the Barbarian, Naglfar the Dwarf, Sargon the Knight or Zoe the Amazon, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Use devastating combo attacks to cut enemies to shreds in bloody and gory combat.
- Battle orcs, trolls, golems, demons, skeletons and scores of evil enemy creatures.
- Explore dark treacherous tombs, frozen fortresses, demon spires, deserts, temples and more.
- Destroy in-game objects, solve puzzles and disarm traps.
“Since its initial launch, Blade of Darkness continues to build a dedicated following — mods, ‘Let’s Plays’, and community patches are found throughout the gaming community even today. This only signals how undeserving was the game’s fate,” said Elena Roor, Managing Director at SNEG. “I’m glad that we’ve managed to sort out everything legal and, to our luck, unearthed the source code with the help of the original dev team. Altogether this brings us to the upcoming October release.”
Blade of Darkness launches for PC via Steam and GOG.com this October.