Team17 and Sole Survivor Games have revealed they will be bringing their new 1970’s-based cult management simulator, Honey, I Joined a Cult to Steam Early Access on 14th September. Expect to manage everything, from the deity to worship and cult attire to recruitment of new believers and the location of the toilets. Be one with the video below where you will get to see all the benefits to joining.
Running a cult isn’t all wealth and rose petals from adoring members, it’s actually a lot of work. Taking the role of cult architect, players will have to manage everything from law enforcement and protesters to ensuring the facilities are there to care for the believers, not to mention having to keep control of the leader’s over-inflated ego.
It’s up to players to plan the propaganda to recruit cultists, keep them entertained and happy and make the organisation as successful as possible. Keeping them happy is easier said than done and it will be necessary to build the commune from the ground up, creating rooms such as bedrooms, bathrooms, temples and even ‘hypno chambers’. Happiness leads to peace, peace leads to more cultists and more cultists equals more money.
- Maintain a cult from its recruitment to its wealth…. or is it your own wealth.
- Build a commune with bedrooms, hypno-chambers, temples and monoliths.
- Send minions out to spread the ideals of the commune or just to pinch expensive stuff for the members.
- Overcome threats from the government, police and protesters.
- Choose your cult’s destiny, whether it be a fiery apocalypse or the coming of the Squid Lord.
Honey, I Joined a Cult arrives on Steam Early Access on 14th September. Head over to Steam now and add it to your wishlist.