Space Invaders has been one of the most influential video games ever. Not only was it revolutionary in terms of gameplay, it also gave rise to hundreds of clones, sequels, offshoots and more. Today, Space Invaders is making a return to gamers with the release of the Space Invaders Invincible Collection on the Nintendo Switch.
Thanks to ININ Games and TAITO, the Space Invaders Invincible Collection brings eleven different games covering 40 years of Space Invaders history. This latest title on the legendary series still features all the bright colours and addictive gameplay that we have come to love.
The Space Invaders Invincible Collection features the following games:
- Space Invaders (1978, Arcade) – b/w
- Space Invaders (1978, Arcade) – color
- Space Invaders Part II (1979, Arcade)
- Lunar Rescue (1979, Arcade)
- Space Cyclone (1980, Arcade)
- Majestic Twelve: The Space Invaders Part IV (1990, Arcade)
- Super Space Invaders ’91 (1990, Arcade)
- Space Invaders DX (1994, Arcade)
- Space Invaders Extreme (2008)
- Space Invaders Gigamax 4 SE (2018)
The game also gives players the classic Atkanoid vs Space Invaders from 2016.
Space Invaders Invincible Collection is available digitally now as well as three premium limited editions available exclusively from Strictly Limited Games. There’s a Limited Edition that features a pin badge and a Collector’s Edition that includes an Arcade PCB Box, 2 soundtrack CDs, an official book, acrylic artcards and more. There’s also an Ultra Collector’s Edition containing a commemorative coin, an invader standee and a Space Invaders Invincible board game.