Warning. Spoilers for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness follow…
Pre-pandemic, it wasn’t uncommon for a few spoilers to slip out through tie-in products and merchandising, so with all of the release date delays and scheduling reshuffling that’s gone on due to COVID, it seems inevitable that we can expect a few more over the coming months – and first up is Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
As you can see below, The LEGO Group has unveiled a new LEGO Marvel Super Heroes tie-in set for the Sam Raimi-directed sequel, with ‘Gargantos Showdown’ not only confirming the rumoured inclusion of the minor Namor the Sub-Mariner villain Gargantos but also giving us our first glimpse of the MCU’s America Chavez (Xochitl Gomez) on the packaging, as well as in minifigure form.
The Gargantos Showdown set goes on sale on January 1st, priced at $29.99/£24.99; take a look at the official promo images here…
Grab LEGO® Marvel Gargantos Showdown (76205) before the green fiend inside gets its tentacles on you! Monster fun from Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness for kids aged 8 and up.
Anything can happen when a cast of Marvel Super Heroes encounter a massive, angry, one-eyed creature with long, green tentacles. This versatile set features 3 popular LEGO Marvel minifigures: Doctor Strange with a removable cape, Wong and America Chavez. The one-eyed, green monster has long, jointed limbs that allow kids to position and pose the creature for maximum effect. When the monster battle action is over for the day, the tentacled terror looks terrific displayed in kids’ rooms. The free LEGO Building Instructions app contains an additional digital guide which kids can use to zoom, rotate and visualize their model. There’s also a guided real-life building process that allows young builders to construct with confidence.
- Stand-out set – LEGO® Marvel Gargantos Showdown (76205) is a mega-monster, play-and-display set designed to take Marvel movie fans into a world of imaginative action and adventure
- Popular characters – Includes 3 minifigures: Doctor Strange with a removable cape, Wong and America Chavez; and a buildable monster with jointed tentacles
- Monster fun – The large, one-eyed creature has long, jointed tentacles which kids can position and pose as they play out endless imaginative adventures
- Gift for kids – Young Super Heroes and fans of cool monsters aged 8 and up are sure to love this amazing playset for their birthday, holiday or as a special treat
- Many ways to play – The set measures over 4.5 in. (12 cm) high, 12 in. (31 cm) wide and 10 in. (26 cm) deep, and combines with other LEGO® Marvel building toys for even more fun
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is being directed by Sam Raimi and stars Benedict Cumberbatch (Doctor Strange), Benedict Wong (Wong), Rachel McAdams (Christine Palmer), Chiwetel Ejiofor (Mordo) and Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch) as well as Xochitl Gomez (The Baby-Sitters Club) as America Chavez.
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is set for release on May 6th 2022.