Team17 and Small Impact Games have announced Marauders, a new first-person, multiplayer, looter shooter coming to Steam Early Access and Game Preview via PC Game Pass later this year. Set in a dieselpunk alternate 1990’s universe, Marauders will see players battle others and AI enemies in tense multiplayer combat. Watch the new trailer below…
In this alternate dieselpunk 90’s looter shooter players will become a courageous space pirate and, by either going solo or in a squad of up to 4 players, will breach hostile spaceships, defeat the enemy pirates within and then explore to loot a variety of valuable equipment, including iconic weaponry from last century.
Players will be able to equip an assortment of equipment and weaponry that will help increase their chances of survival and should they be successful in their raid, will be able to use what ever equipment they loot from the enemy in their next battle. They will even be able to use any scavenged resources in upgrading their ship or sell for a neat little profit.
Marauders will feature:
- A gritty sci-fi world with Earth on the brink of disaster and the only chance of survival is among the stars.
- Plunder deep-space battlegrounds and carry out raids for valuable loot.
- Fight solo or with up to three other friends and survive intense combat against enemy teams and AI opponents with realistic bullet simulation.
- Keep your best gear from match to match and tweak favourite weapons with mods. Use XP to unlock new items.
- Upgrade your ship’s armaments, take someone else’s ship by force or build a brand new vessel using scavenged resources.
Marauders will be available to pre-order soon on Steam and the Microsoft Store.