Gregarious Games has released a playable demo for their retro inspired, turn-based title Reptilian Rising, giving gamers a chance to try their hand at taking on the genocidal reptiles prior to the game releasing this spring.
Inspired by the chaotic comedies of Robot Chicken and Kung Fury, Reptilian Rising is a retro inspired rogue-like that pits the heroes of humanity against an evil race of reptiles that want nothing more than the complete annihilation of the human race. In the game, players will be able to summon action figure-like versions of humanity’s heroes via a deck building system and drop them onto a virtual gameboard where they will take part in turn-based missions to defeat the genocidal reptiles.
Each run through of Reptilian Rising will be different from the last (it’s the same with the demo) and throughout play gamers will collect heroes in a random order. These heroes can be levelled up into a reptile slaying badass.
Reptilian Rising features:
- Use time-traveling tactics over a board game with an 80’s look.
- Battle evil Reptilians across seven distinct eras, each era contains new heroes and enemies.
- A huge solo story spanning all of time, from the Mesozoic to the Extinction Era.
- Save timelines, make money then use it to buy new heroes and powerful upgrades.
- Recruit legendary heroes from Julius Caesar to Winston Churchill.
- Challenge your friends in online PvP and put your leadership skills to the test.
- Watch out for the three-headed Dictatorsaur.
Reptilian Rising will release on Steam later this spring. Visit Steam now and add the game to your Wishlist.