• Pop Culture
    • Movies
    • Television
    • Comic Books
    • Video Games
    • Toys & Collectibles
  • Features
    • News
    • Reviews
    • Articles and Opinions
    • Interviews
    • Exclusives
    • FMTV on YouTube
  • About
    • About Flickering Myth
    • Write for Flickering Myth
    • Advertise on Flickering Myth
  • Socials
    • Facebook
    • X
    • Instagram
    • Flipboard
    • Bluesky
    • Linktree
  • Terms
    • Terms of Use
    • Privacy Policy

Flickering Myth

Geek Culture | Movies, TV, Comic Books & Video Games

  • News
  • Reviews
  • Articles & Opinions
  • The Baby in the Basket
  • Death Among the Pines

Disney’s Bob Iger says Indiana Jones 5 “won’t just be a one-off”

June 26, 2016 by Gary Collinson

Having kept its Indiana Jones cards close to its chest while it relaunched the Star Wars franchise, it was announced back in March that Harrison Ford will be reuniting with director Steven Spielberg for a fifth outing for the archaeologist and adventurer in 2019.

Given that he’ll be 77 years old by that point, you’d have to assume that Harrison Ford doesn’t have too many cracks of the bullwhip left in the tank. However, Disney’s Bob Iger has revealed that while Disney doesn’t have the same kind of plans for Indy as it does for Star Wars, Indiana Jones 5 “won’t just be a one-off”.

“Not like Star Wars, no,” said Iger. “But we hope … right now, we’re focused on a reboot, or a continuum and then a reboot of some sort. We’ll bring [Harrison Ford] back, then we have to figure out what comes next. That’s what I mean. It’s not really a reboot, it’s a boot — a reboot. I don’t know. We [got] Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in the film. But then what’s the direction? I’ve had discussions about what the direction is, [but] I don’t want to get into it. I don’t think it reaches the scale of the universe of Star Wars, but I see us making more. It won’t be just a one-off.”

SEE ALSO: Steven Spielberg says George Lucas will be involved with Indiana Jones 5

Steven Spielberg has previously said that he would not make an Indiana Jones movie without Harrison Ford, nor will he kill off Ford’s Indy, so it’s not quite clear what to make of Iger’s comments about a reboot. Perhaps Disney is keen to keep Ford involved in the franchise as a framing device around a younger actor in the role?

How would you like to see in the Indiana Jones franchise proceeding? Could you see Ford back for a sixth movie? Would you like to see a reboot? Or is it time for Indy to call it a day? Let us know in the comments below…

. url=”.” . width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

Originally published June 26, 2016. Updated April 15, 2018.

Filed Under: Gary Collinson, Movies, News Tagged With: Indiana Jones, Indiana Jones 5

About Gary Collinson

Gary Collinson is a film, TV and digital content producer and writer who is the Editor-in-Chief of the pop culture website Flickering Myth and producer of the gothic horror feature 'The Baby in the Basket' and suspense thriller 'Death Among the Pines'.

FMTV – Watch Our Latest Video Here

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

The Best Sword-and-Sandal Movies of the 21st Century

Classic Retro Video Games Based on 80s UK TV Game Shows

10 Great Movies You Can Only Watch Once

The Erotic Horror Renaissance of the 1990s: Where Cinemax Met Creature Features

The Essential New French Extremity Movies

The Best 90s and 00s Horror Movies That Rotten Tomatoes Hate!

Forgotten Horror Movie Gems From 25 Years Ago

Ranking Horror Movies Based On Video Games

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark Revisited: The Birth of a Horror Icon

When Movie Artwork Was Great

FLICKERING MYTH FILMS

 

Top Stories:

Wild 80s Cult Movies You Might Have Missed

Movie Review – Eternity (2025)

Uma Thurman to reprise Kill Bill’s The Bride in The Lost Chapter: Yuki’s Revenge animated short

Comic Book Review – Star Trek: Voyager – Homecoming #3

Movie Review – Zootopia 2 (2025)

Movie Review – Bone Lake (2025)

Movie Review – Hamnet (2025)

Movie Review – Blue Moon (2025)

Movie Review – Wake Up Dead Man: A Knives Out Mystery (2025)

The Erotic Horror Renaissance of the 1990s: Where Cinemax Met Creature Features

FLICKERING MYTH FILMS

 

FEATURED POSTS:

10 More International Horror Movies You Need to See

Cobra: Sylvester Stallone and Cannon Films Do Dirty Harry

The Blockbuster Comic Book Movie Problem: The Box Office Cliff Edge

Brilliantly Simple But Insanely Thrilling Movies

  • Pop Culture
    • Movies
    • Television
    • Comic Books
    • Video Games
    • Toys & Collectibles
  • Features
    • News
    • Reviews
    • Articles and Opinions
    • Interviews
    • Exclusives
    • FMTV on YouTube
  • About
    • About Flickering Myth
    • Write for Flickering Myth
    • Advertise on Flickering Myth
  • Socials
    • Facebook
    • X
    • Instagram
    • Flipboard
    • Bluesky
    • Linktree
  • Terms
    • Terms of Use
    • Privacy Policy

© Flickering Myth Limited. All rights reserved. The reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication of the content without permission is strictly prohibited. Movie titles, images, etc. are registered trademarks / copyright their respective rights holders. Read our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. If you can read this, you don't need glasses.


 

Flickering MythLogo Header Menu
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Articles and Opinions
  • The Baby in the Basket
  • Death Among the Pines
  • About Flickering Myth
  • Write for Flickering Myth