UK box office top ten and analysis for the weekend of Friday 13th March to Sunday 15th March 2015…
The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel has made it three weeks in a row at the UK box office, fending off competition from the Liam Neeson action thriller Run All Night to retain first place with a weekend haul of £1.4 million.
Run All Night had to settle for second place, with the film pulling in £823,833 over the weekend, while the only other newcomer to crack the top ten was Suite Francaise, which earned £503,928 to claim fourth.
Number one this time last year: Need for Speed
1. The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel – £1,409,311 weekend (3 weeks)
2. Run All Night – £823,833 weekend (New)
3. Focus – £805,244 weekend (3 weeks)
4. Suite Francaise – £503,928 weekend (New)
5. Fifty Shades of Grey – £487,635 weekend (5 weeks)
6. Chappie – £448,288 weekend (2 weeks)
7. Still Alice – £419,327 weekend (2 weeks)
8. Big Hero 6 – £387,905 weekend (7 weeks)
9. Kingsman: The Secret Service – £292,368 weekend (7 weeks)
10. Shaun the Sheep Movie – £262,862 weekend (6 weeks)
This week sees the release of YA sequel The Divergent Series: Insurgent (cert. 12A) on Thursday, while Friday brings us DreamWorks Animation’s Home (cert. U), action thriller The Gunman (cert. 15), Ryan Reynolds black comedy The Voices (cert. 15) [read our review here], Jason Statham crime thriller Wild Card (cert. 15), Studio Ghibli’s The Tale of the Princess Kaguya (cert. U) [read our review here] and Xavier Dolan’s Mommy (cert. 15).