With the huge success of the high def remastering of Final Fantasy XII on the Playstation 4 last year, Square Enix have announced that PC gamers will be able to visit the world of Ivalice in Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age on the 1st February. PC players will be able to enjoy all the features and content that PS4 gamers have including latest gen’ visuals, a remastered soundtrack and new Speed and Trial modes.
In Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age war has come to the world thanks to the large empires of Archadia and Rozarria and the small kingdom of Dalmasca has got caught in the middle with both empires casting their eyes over the advantages this kingdom brings. Princess Ashe, the only surviving heir to the Dalmascan throne and Vaan, a young man whose family was killed in the war, begin a partnership to bring peace and freedom to their homeland.
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age will feature:
- Improved visuals as the game will run at 60 FPS.
- Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors.
- New Game Plus and New Game Minus – Post game content modes will be accessible from the beginning of the game.
- Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions will be available from the beginning of the game.
- Maximized License Points and Gil – New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen.
- Full controller support plus Steam Trading Cards.
In celebration of the game’s launch there will be a special launch programme on the 2nd February at 08:00GMT / 09:00CET that will see Producer Hiroaki Kato and Director Takashi Katano answering questions from Final Fantasy fans on Twitter. This can be seen on the Square Enix Youtube channel.
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age will be available on the 1st February.