The LEGO Group has released a batch of promotional images for its LEGO Ideas Voltron set, which consists of 2,321 pieces, making it LEGO’s biggest ever buildable mech. The Legendary Defender, priced at priced at $179.99, is set to go on sale July 23rd for VIP members, followed by a general release on August 1st. A limited amount of sets will also be available next month at San Diego Comic-Con; check it out here…
It’s time to defend the universe so get ready to form LEGO® Ideas 21311 Voltron, the biggest buildable LEGO mech ever! This awesome set features buildable and highly posable black, blue, yellow, red and green lions with specially designed, extra-strong joints to combine them all and create the Voltron super robot, plus a huge sword and shield that attach firmly to Voltron’s hands. Ideal for display or to recreate thrilling action from the original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series.
• Features 5 buildable and posable lions that can be transformed and combined to create the giant Voltron super robot.
• Play with the lions individually or combine them using extra-strong joints to form Voltron—the black lion forms the head and torso; the red and green lions form the arms; and the yellow and blue lions form the legs.
• Pose the head, shoulders, arms and wrists of Voltron (legs are not posable).
• Also includes a sword and shield (each with silver-colored elements) that attach firmly to Voltron’s hands.
• Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the set’s fan creator and super force of LEGO® designers.
• This set includes over 2,321 pieces.
• Display or play out exciting stories from the original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series.
• Voltron measures over 15” (40cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide.
• Black lion measures over 6” (17cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide.
• Yellow and blue lions each measure over 3” (8cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.
• Green and red lions each measure over 3” (8cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
• Voltron’s sword measures 11” (29cm) long. • Voltron’s shield measures 6” (16cm) in diameter.