Two man development studio Fair Weather Studios has announced the release of turn based strategy RPG hybrid Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows on Steam. Steel Shadows is a standalone expansion of the original Ancient Frontier and will see players become a space outlaw out to make a name for themselves. Check out the new trailer below….
In Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows players will step into the shoes of an up and coming space outlaw and hire a crew to start off their pirate fleet. Set alongside a campaign with 20 story missions and more than 50 side missions, Steel Shadows will have players raid and pillage the outer fringes of Federation space to gain notoriety and wealth. To help achieve this aim, pirate captains will have access to a variety of upgrades and weaponry to customise the ships in their fleet.
This strategy RPG hybrid features:
- A full campaign that includes more than 20 story missions.
- Over 50 procedurally generated side missions to complete.
- Dynamic turn based combat .
- Purchase and control the unique pirate faction ships.
- Hire crew members that gain experience and power along with your ships.
- Hire unique mercenaries and ships to add to the fleet.
- Over 50 random events to experience.
- Customise play style by unlocking technologies with the extensive Tech Tree.
- Large, detailed maps to fight across space.
- Three different strategic resources to manage.
- Dozens of different weapon systems and abilities to control.
- Includes both free DLCs; Ancient Frontier – The Crew and Ancient Frontier – Quests and Events.
To celebrate the launch of Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows, players can pick up the original game with a 60% discount.
Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows is available now on Steam.