As the highly anticipated Call of Duty: Mobile approaches beta testing, Activision has provided more information and revealed more about the characters, customisations, equipment, modes and maps.
This upcoming free-to-play mobile game will provide the ultimate flexibility with regards to loadout customisation. Players will be able to choose a Primary weapon with separate slots for Optics and three Attachments, a Secondary weapon, and a choice of an explosive grenade or tactical grenade to throw. Primary weapons include Assault, Sniper, LMG, SMG and Shotgun while Secondary weapons include Pistols, Melee and Launcher, players will also be able to select a skin for the weapon of choice. As well as weaponry there are a selection of skills and Perks. Finally, there will be 5 slots for loadouts allowing players to design different characters to test out on the different multiplayer modes and maps.
A number of familiar faces from across the Call of Duty universe will be making an appearance, these include Alex Mason, Alex’s son David “Section” Mason, Thomas A. Merrick from COD Ghosts, Simon “Ghost” Riley, John “Soap” MacTavish and John Price from the Modern Warfare franchise.
Newly announced game modes include:
- Free-For-All – The classic deathmatch.
- Frontline – Team v team.
- Team Deathmatch.
- Hardpoint – Capture and hold the hardpoint to earn points.
- Domination – Capture and hold a designated positions to gain points.
New maps announced include a range of iconic maps from the Modern Warfare and Black Ops franchises:
- Crossfire (COD4: MW) – Intense fighting in cramped and confined structures.
- Standoff (COD: BOII) – Classic engagements with a variety of hiding spots, upper structures and a main compound.
- Crash (COD4: MW) – A desert town featuring blind corners, a crashed chopper and narrow streets.
- Killhouse (COD4: MW) – An almost symmetrical map with a central lookout tower.
- Firing Range (COD: BO4) – Ruined structures, abandoned equipment and ideal for hectic Domination games.
More details on the upcoming Call of Duty: Mobile can be found here.
Call of Duty: Mobile is available for pre-registration now.