The Steam Free Weekend for New World Interactive and Focus Home Interactive’s smash hit indie FPS, Insurgency: Sandstorm, is now live and will run until 24th June. This free weekend provides the perfect opportunity for gamers to see the immersive team based gameplay that Insurgency: Sandstorm has to offer.
This team-based, tactical FPS focuses on close quarters combat and objective-oriented multiplayer battles through a variety of war-torn environments set in a fictional contemporary conflict in the Middle East. Players will be able to wield a diverse range of weapons and utilise upgrades to outmaneuver the enemy in gritty close-quarters combat.
Insurgency: Sandstorm features:
- Character and weapon customisation to suit your playstyle and look.
- Unprecedented audio design with positional voice-chat for realistic teamwork, plus heart pounding ambient audio tthat takes you right into the battlefield.
- Peek around corners, tactically breach doorways, use smoke to cover your team’s advance and call in air support for that realistic battle feel.
- Battle across large maps in up to 16-versus-16 player game modes, or 8 player co-operative against the AI.
- Competitive multiplayer features including matchmaking, broadcasting UI and replays.
If you don’t already play Insurgency: Sandstorm then be sure to check it out during this free weekend.