Indie developer No Pest Productions has announced that they will be releasing their retro inspired hack ‘n slash game, Driven Out, will be coming to Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC this Autumn. Fight fantastic creatures in a dangerous world in this tribute to the golden days of 16-bit gaming. Check out the trailer below…
Driven Out, is a 2D side scrolling hack ‘n slash where players take the role of a common farmer that has been forced to flee her home into a world filled with danger. As our heroine sets out on her journey she will need to face various ferocious creatures and enemies in combat. As farmers aren’t known for their fighting skills, players will need to learn the skills of a warrior and read the enemies behavior in order to win.
Fortunately, the farmer has also found a magical device that clones her when she gets killed, so should players not learn the behaviour of an enemy and get killed in the fight the device will clone her anew. However, the device in not indestructible so be sure to keep it safe.
The game features:
- Deliberate combat. Read the enemy and act accordingly.
- Beautiful 16 bit retro art style with fluid animations.
- Seamless world without any in-game load screens.
- Checkpoints can be placed anywhere.
- Destructible checkpoint, if left unprotected the enemies can choose to attack the checkpoints instead of the player.
- Skill based combat. No character progression and no loot.
Look out for Driven Out coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC this Autumn.