Microids has announced that they will be releasing two classic action-adventure games on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. From 16th April players on both systems will be able to enjoy the Eric Chahi’s Another World, and Flashback created by Paul Cuisset.
Another World follows the adventure of Lester Knight Chaykin, a young scientist and genius who’s experiment goes catastrophically wrong when his experiment gets struck by lightning. Whisked through time and space by the accident, Lester finds himself on another world surrounded by strange and hostile creatures. Befriending an alien prisoner, the pair must work together to gain their freedom.
- High Definition graphics faithfully created to the original design.
- 3 difficulty modes: Normal (easier than the original game), Difficult (Equal to the original) and Hardcore.
- A whole new immersive experience with 100% remastered sounds and FX.
Flashback is another adventure featuring a young scientist and an alien world, this time set in the year 2142. Players follow the adventure of Conrad B. Hart who wakes up with amnesia on the colonised moon of Titan. Pursued by his kidnappers, Conrad needs to defend himself from the multitude of dangers that Titan possesses while preventing aliens from destroying everything around him.
- For the first time ever, play the Director’s Cut version which includes 2 exclusive cut scenes.
- Choose one of the two colours of Conrad’s T-shirt.
- Play any level that has been completed during the adventure in “training” mode.
- Options to replay cut scenes watched during the adventure.
- A Jukebox that will allow players to enjoy the game’s music on demand.
- Earn points during the adventure to unlock images via a Street Art Gallery.
- Post-FX graphic filters.
- Completely remastered sound and music.
- A brand new “Rewind” function, variable according to the level difficulty.
- Tutorials for those who need help.
The Another World and Flashback special edition will arrive in Europe on Nintendo Switch and PS4 on 16th April and will feature the digital original soundtrack of both games, two postcards of each game and a reversible cover.