Kalypso Media and developer Gaming Minds Studios have announced the release of the Down Under DLC for Railway Empire. This new DLC takes the fan favourite railway tycoon sim to the dusty, sun-scorched Australian outback. See more of the DLC in the trailer below….
Australia in the early 19th century was a sparsely populated British colonial territory consisting of mostly coastal cities and small farming settlements. As a railway baron it is up to players to expand a railway network through the outback to the settlements and towns of this fledgling nation.
The DLC will add four additional territories to the game, including New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Victoria and will consist of 52 new cities and the ability to customise settlements. There’s also goods to trade such as seafood and beer.
The DLC features:
- Brand new scenario called ‘Pioneering Spirit’ (1830-1930).
- Map expansion: ‘Down Under’ (available in Free Game and Sandbox modes).
- New territories to explore – New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Victoria.
- 3 new historically accurate engines: the Heisler (0-8-0). C30 (4-6-0) and Class S (4-6-2).
- Transport and trade new goods: seafood, Rail-O-Mite and canned beer
- 52 new cities to discover and link up.
- New music to enjoy.
- Reworked city buildings and unique mission structures such as Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Unique ‘Settlement’ feature for pre-determined locations.
- More freedom to establish new cities and personalise economic systems.
The Down Under DLC is available for Railway Empire now.