Following on from Build The DeLorean from Back to the Future and Build The ECTO-1 from Ghostbusters, Eaglemoss Hero Collector has announced that it is turning its attention to Star Trek: The Next Generation for its next build-up programme, with fans able to construct their very own U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D.
Measuring over two feet long once completed, Build the U.S.S. Enterprise-D is based upon a careful study of the different studio models used in filming the TV series and replicates every last detail of the U.S.S. Enterprise-D, from its phaser strips and RCS thrusters to the Captain’s yacht, including:
- Expert color-matching to the starship’s on-screen appearance
- Decals to capture the tiniest details of each component
- Saucer and stardrive sections that can be cleanly separated for display, just as seen on screen
- Working internal lights that match the original studio model, illuminating the ship’s windows, engines, navigation lights, and main deflector
- Separate power sources for the stardrive and saucer sections, to keep both lit
Parts will be released in monthly instalments along with magazines featuring instructions on how-to-build, as well as behind-the-scenes stories and features from the classic television series.
Build the U.S.S. Enterprise-D will launch in February 2021. For more information, visit the official website here.