Publisher Elex and Skybound have announced that they are bringing a new strategy game to mobile gamers set in the world of The Walking Dead. The Walking Dead: Survivors is a unique survival game featuring fan-favorite characters from the comics and is set to arrive this summer on Android and iOS devices. The game is also available for pre-registration now.
In The Walking Dead: Survivors gain characters from the comics and use their skills and abilities to build up a town into a fortress and create an army to defend it. Characters such as Rick, Maya, Vayne, Glenn and Dwight will use their own attributes to help players survive in this post-apocalyptic world.
Each character is either a “Combat” and “Development” survivor, the former being responsible for taking part in battles while the latter will work on improving the town and ensure it’s fully protected. Each fighter will either be Melee, Sharpshooters or Cavalry and will have ten tiers to upgrade which makes them stronger and characters can also be promoted in battle.
Players will use Developmental survivors to build and expand their bases, choose what structures to build and how they fortify fences from the hordes of walkers and other players.
- Encounter iconic IP characters like Rick, Michonne and Glenn, recruit your team of survivors and grow your reputation as a leader.
- Live through classic moments from the comics and visit fan-favourite locations.
- Manage the community by gathering supplies, farming, training, fighting and more. Use each survivors skills to fulfill specific tasks.
- Strengthen your walls, place obstacles, set up defensive formation and trigger the survivors’ skills strategically to protect your settlement from the hordes and enemy survivors.
- Team up with other players to form Clans and build clan buildings across the region to strengthen your forces against Negan.
- Explore the area around your settlement to unlock new locations, characters, items, resources and even learn more about the world.
The Walking Dead: Survivors is available for pre-registration now and will launch on iOS and Android this Summer.