Frontier Developments has announced the start of the fourth and final phase of the Elite Dangerous: Odyssey PC Alpha. This final phase of the Alpha will allow players to play with their existing Commanders and ships. The fourth phase is expected to end on 5th May so this time is the last chance for Commanders to play Odyssey prior to the launch. A new video can be seen below featuring Game Director Piers Jackson & Principal Render Programmer Dr Kay Ross as they discuss the Alpha.
Phase 4 allows players to play Odyssey with their existing Commanders and ships and to help players manage their fleet the delivery costs for ship transportation have been reduced. This allows players to easily transfer any of their ships to them ready to board. The snapshot from the base game duplicated for the alpha is from 23rd April.
A number of other features will be available with this phase, including:
- Wing Missions / Ship Depot.
- Tech Brokers.
- Search and Rescue contacts.
- Research Station services contacts.
There has also been a number of fixes that were previously identified. These include:
- Locations on the Galaxy Map can now be selected without plotting a course.
- An issue with the “Complete Mission” button not working at station terminals was fixed.
- Fixed a softlock when navigating the Black Market contact’s UI using a keyboard.
- NPCs should no longer mumble/be inaudible.
- Fixed an issue with mission hand-in not working for some mission types.
For the full list of fixes and known issues visit the Elite Dangerous Steam Community page here.
Phase 4 is scheduled to end on 5th May with Odyssee releasing on the 19th May.