Fatshark will be releasing the Chaos Wastes expansion for Warhammer: Vermintide 2 on Xbox One and Series X/S on 3rd June as a free download. Playstation 4 gamers will have to wait a little longer into June to journey to the Citadel of Eternity.
The Chaos Wastes expansion challenges players to journey through the hostile and unpredictable Chaos Wastes to reach the Citadel of Eternity. It is a journey fraught with danger and only the pure in heart and resolute of spirit will be able to make the trip.
In order to survive the journey, players will have to remove their fancy, hugely efficient armour and go back to the very basic equipment and rely on their skills to get them through lands that have been warped by the powers of the Chaos Gods. Only one person claims to know how to get to this fabled place but will you trust him?
Features of this expansion include:
- Pilgrim’s Coins – Unique coins of the Chaos Wastes that can be traded for godly favour or weapons along the path. Use them well and spends them wisely.
- Chest of Trials – These chests provide additional challenges and opening one will draw the attention of a monstrous foe. Defeat it and claim the reward.
- Shrines – Uncorrupted shrines can be found in the Chaos Wastes allowing heroes to seek the favour of wholesome gods in the form of Miracles & Boons.
- Waystone Altars – These are weapon stashes that contains weapons used by previous pilgrims and available by spending Pilgrim’s Coins. The more Pilgrim’s Coins the Reliquary demands, the more powerful the weapon within.
- Potions – New mysterious potions litter the trail some that offer powerful benefits.
“We are happy to bring the popular Chaos Wastes expansion to consoles and exactly like on the PC, it will be a free download to everyone that owns the game.” says Martin Wahlund, CEO Fatshark.
The Chaos Wastes expansion arrives on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S (through BC) on Thursday 3rd June.