Chucklefish and developer Robotality have announced that their turn-based strategy adventure, Pathway, will launch on the Nintendo Switch on 27th May. The Nintendo Switch edition of the game will feature all the post-release updates that have released on other platforms as well as other new features. The new announcement trailer below shows off more of this Nazi beating adventure.
Pathway takes place in 1936, a time when Nazi influence has spread and rumours of their secret excavations for mysterious artefacts and gruesome occult rituals are well known. It’s up to a brave band of adventurers to journey through the dusty brushlands of the desert to seek out these ancient treasures before they fall into the wrong hands.
Players will assemble their band of bold adventurers and outwit enemies in strategic squad combat and use the team’s special abilities to stop the Nazis in their tracks.
- 5 different campaigns of varying difficulty with each attempt having a different set of events.
- Hand-crafted story events.
- Make use of cover, outflank the enemies and use the team’s abilities to win turn-based squad combat.
- 16 unlockable characters with their own set of skills that will affect story encounters and combat.
- Find loot and trade it in to upgrade the team’s weapons and armour.
- Experiment with different team combos.
“We’re super excited to be bringing Pathway to the Switch.” says Stefan Bachmann, Game Designer and Coder at Robotality. “From day one we thought the game would be a perfect fit for the console. It took a lot of work to bring the game’s real-time lighting effects and pixel art to Switch, but we’re incredibly pleased with the results. In our opinion, this is now the best and most complete version of Pathway with all the post-release updates, so there’s no better time to jump in!”
Pathway will launch on Nintendo Switch on 27th May, priced £12.99 / € 13,99 / $ 15.99. Pre-order now for a 20% discount.