Metro Exodus gets its next-gen upgrade today allowing Xbox Series X/S and Playstation 5 gamers to enjoy dramatically reduced loading times, 4K texture packs, controller latency improvements on Xbox and many more. The new trailer below gives a glimpse at the beauty of this horrifying post-apocalyptic world.
The features of this upgrade for the lucky eighth generation owners include:
- Enhanced for the latest consoles with 60FPS, up to 4K resolution, Ray Traced lighting and for the first time in the series, a Field Of View slider.
- Xbox Series X/S specific enhancements include spatial audio and Smart Delivery support, full Ray Traced lighting, 4K 60FPS and Xbox Series S will deliver full Ray Traced lighting, 60FPS and 1080p resolution.
- Reduced loading times that to the use of SSD storage.
- PlayStation 5 enhancements include – DualSense Haptic Feedback support and 3D Audio, full Ray Traced lighting and 60FPS 4K visuals.
- Escape the shattered ruins of dead Moscow and follow a gripping story with huge, non-linear levels.
- Take part in deadly combat – customise your arsenal with scavenged and hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant enemies in tactical combat.
- Embark on a journey that spans an entire year. Discover a Russian wilderness that has been brought to life with day / night cycles and dynamic weather.
This upgrade is free to all Xbox Series X/S and PS5 owners.