The Arcade Crew and developer Ishtar Games’ roguelite tactical RPG, The Last Spell, is now available on Steam Early Access. The Last Spell will have players fighting relentless hordes to protect the remnants of humanity. A new launch trailer can be seen below…
The world of The Last Spell was one where humans were never at peace with one another, it was a world plagued by war. In a last ditch effort to end it all, the mages envoked The Cataclysm causing massive balls of magic to rain down and a strange purple mist to envelop most of the world. A final safe haven remains free from the deadly mist but it is under threat by the unearthly monsters that come from the mist every night. Players will need to control their heroes and defend this last haven until the remaining mages can cast the titular Last Spell.
During the day, players will need to build up their city, rebuild walls and position defences in readiness for the nightly onslaught. Level up the heroes, destroy the monsters from the mist and build up the last safe Haven to save humanity from destruction.
- Satisfying turn-based combat allows tacticians to carefully equip, position and command squads.
- Lots of replayability thanks to randomised party members, stashes of gear and enemy flanks.
- Add and upgrade helpful structures to the Haven, or fortify crucial areas with defenses like barricades to stall an unending advance of monsters.
- Stand as humanity’s last hope having learned new tactics or permanently unlocking weapons, skills or buildings.
- A rousing synth-driven soundtrack by French musician Rémi Gallego, aka The Algorithm.
The Last Spell is available on Steam now, priced £15.49 / €19.99 / $19.99.