Indie developer Cococucumber has announced they will be releasing their paranormal adventure Echo Generation on Xbox consoles and Windows PC on 21st October. In this turn-based adventure join a group of friends as they set out to uncover the mystery behind a crash in an eerie cornfield. A new trailer can be seen below….
Echo Generation takes players to the peaceful Maple Town where school kid Dylan and his friends and his friends are planning to shoot their homemade film, ‘Alien Skin Eaters’, during the summer holiday. Their plans are put on hold when a mysterious object crashes into the nearby cornfields and a series of bizarre, creepy events begin to happen all over town. When no adults notice what’s happening, it’s up to Dylan and his friends to investigate.
Dylan and his friends will have to roam the town, visiting locations such as the video store and train tracks, and challenging the neighbourhood trash pandas, creepy animatronics, mutant rat wolves and more in turn-based battles. Players will be able to level up party stats and recruit pet companions as they get closer to solving the mystery.
- Supernatural Adventure – Dive into a supernatural story seen through the eyes of a charming gang of kids.
- Choose Your Hero – Select your character from a diverse selection of heroes.
- Pet Companions – Recruit adorable pet companions, each with their own skills, to customise your build.
- Active Turn-based Combat – Level up the party by battling monsters and bosses in over 30 unique minigames.
- Complete quests for the residents in Maple Town to solve mysteries and uncover secrets.
- Be immersed in the stunning 3D pixel look filled with a retro nostalgic charm.
- Original Soundtrack – Listen to an atmospheric blend of electronic and synthwave music.
“Creating an exciting adventure that captivates a new generation while also paying homage to our own was very important to the team,” said Martin Gauvreau, Game Director of Echo Generation. “There is a universality in the story of growing up and by adding our twist on old-school, turn-based combat into the mix, we cannot wait for everyone to dive into the world of Echo Generation.”
Echo Generation arrives on Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and Windows PC on 21st October.