1C Entertainment and Byte Barrel’s Lovecraftian FPS, Forgive Me Father, has left Early Access and is now available on Steam, GOG, the Epic Games Store and other sites. This FPS will have players battling the maddening monstrosities of Lovecraft’s works in a horror comic book style. The new launch trailer can be seen below…if you dare face the horror.
Forgive Me Father allows players to choose to play as either a Priest or Journalist in a Lovecraft-inspired world inhabited by nightmarish monstrosities. The player’s character is the only one with their senses intact and it’s up to them to unravel the mystery that’s causing the atmosphere of dread and horror. As players set out to solve the mystery they will need to keep a check on their madness level which dynamically changes during play and provides additional power.
Players will be equipped with scriptures and weapons powered by an unknown substance (so no reloading) to combat the evil and maintain their humanity. As they progress it will be up to players to choose how they evolve their equipment and find ways of defeating the hordes of enemies.
- Experience the story from the perspective of two heroes, each with their own development tree.
- A diverse world filled with a range of enemies from possessed inhabitants to terrifying monsters.
- Experience a world inspired by Lovecraft, one that is surrounded by the occult and evil forces and giving an atmosphere of hopelessness, madness and confusion.
- Hand drawn in a comic book style and with the classic feel of an FPS from the 1990s.
- A dynamic level of madness that will affect the audio-visual experience as well as the gameplay.
- 25 unique enemy types and 5 bosses to fight over 27 levels.
- 5 Endless mode maps to fight through.
- 8 weapons and 19 weapon upgrades to choose from.
Ernest Krystian, CEO of Byte Barrel, said “Working on Forgive Me Father was an exciting journey for us. We started as a small team that grew over time, with everyone working on the game being not only talented but also incredibly passionate. Thanks to player feedback, we implemented many features we didn’t even think of, making the game bigger and better than we ever thought possible. We are all really enthusiastic and cannot wait to hear what everyone thinks about the full version of the game!”
“We are proud that we’re bringing the excellent Forgive Me Father to market together with the amazingly talented team at Byte Barrel. Our goal as a publisher is to continue working with independent game developers worldwide and enable them to achieve their best.” said Anton Ravin, Commercial Director, 1C Publishing.
Forgive Me Father is available now for PC on Steam, GOG, Epic Games Store and other digital stores, priced £17.99/ $19.99/ €19.99. There’s currently a limited time 15% discount available that Lovecraft and horror fans can take advantage of.