Ben Affleck’s personal trainer Rehan Jalali has allegedly revealed some details about Affleck’s incarnation of the Dark Knight from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. As always the sources claiming that Jalali leaked this are vague and this may just be pure speculation. Nevertheless, the report claims the following…
- There are two Batsuits (we’ve seen them both before — he has a traditional Batsuit, and an armored Batsuit like in “The Dark Knight Returns”).
- The armored suit has Kryptonite all over it, and it can shoot missiles.
- There are two Batmobiles.
- Affleck has a shirtless scene as Bruce Wayne to show off his new physique.
- The shirtless scene is beautifully shot and shows Affleck overlooking a destroyed city (probably Metropolis?).
Most of this information we had already gathered from seeing the leaked trailer, stills released by the studio, and other rumours. Kryptonite has yet to be introduced into the series, but there have been previous rumours that Bruce Wayne breaks into LexCorp to acquire the Kryptonite. There was of course no mention of Kryptonite in Man of Steel, but Superman was weakened when under the terraforming machine. And while there could be more than two Batsuits and Batmobiles, we’ll just have to wait and see how it plays out…
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice hits theaters on March 25th, 2016 with Zack Snyder directing a cast that includes returning Man of Steel stars Henry Cavill (Superman), Amy Adams (Lois Lane), Diane Lane (Martha Kent), Laurence Fishburne (Perry White) and Harry Lennix (General Swanwick) alongside Ben Affleck (Argo) as Batman, Gal Gadot (Fast & Furious 6) as Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones) as Aquaman, Ray Fisher as Cyborg, Jesse Eisenberg (Now You See Me) as Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons (The Borgias) as Alfred Pennyworth and Jena Malone (Sucker Punch), Holly Hunter (The Piano), Callan Mulvey (300: Rise of an Empire), Tao Okamoto (The Wolverine) and Scoot McNairy (Argo) in as-yet-unrevealed roles.