UK box office top ten and analysis for the weekend of Friday 19th June to Sunday 21st June 2015…
Universal’s box office juggernaut Jurassic World has retained top spot here in the UK, pulling in a whopping second weekend haul of £11.1 million to leave its gross on these shores just shy of £40 million so far. It’s only the second time ever that a film has earned over £10 million at the second weekend of asking, with Skyfall holding the record of £16.1 million back in 2012.
Elsewhere in the chart, four new entries managed to crack the top ten, with Take That Live earning £965,000 to claim second place, followed by Mr. Holmes with £741,080 in fourth, Entourage in fifth place with £632,754, and The Longest Ride pulling in $419,047 to take seventh.
Number one this time last year: The Fault in Our Stars
1. Jurassic World – £11,133,912 weekend (2 weeks)
2. Take That Live £965,000 weekend (New)
3. Spy – £922,399 weekend (3 weeks)
4. Mr. Holmes £741,080 weekend (New)
5. Entourage – £632,754 weekend (New)
6. San Andreas – £443,028 weekend (4 weeks)
7. The Longest Ride £419,047 weekend (New)
8. Insidious: Chapter 3 – £289,492 weekend (3 weeks)
9. Secret Cinema – Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back – £284,590 weekend (3 weeks)
10. Mad Max: Fury Road £215,091 weekend (6 weeks)
This week’s new releases include the Despicable Me spinoff Minions, comedies She’s Funny That Way and The Overnight, Michael Fassbender / Kodi Smit-McPhee Western Slow West [read our review here], Salma Hayek action-thriller Everly and Eli Roth’s latest Knock Knock, starring Keanu Reeves.