Firaxis and 2K have announced the PC release of the War of the Chosen expansion pack for their award-winning 2016 strategy game XCOM 2. The Xbox One and Playstation 4 versions will be available on the 12th September. To accompany the release on PC a new trailer has been revealed and can be watched below…
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen brings lots of new content in the fight against ADVENT including new enemies, new allies, new missions and more challenging environments to fight in.
The new expansion features:
- Three additional factions introduced, these are the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars. Each of these factions come with its own Hero class.
- The Chosen are a deadly new enemy force that will kidnap, interrogate and kill your soldiers.
- New Alien and Advent Threats: New tactics will need to be adopted in order to counter three new alien species: the deadly Spectre, the Purifier and the psychic Priest.
- Plenty of new environments and mission objectivesincluding abandoned cities destroyed by alien bioweapons, underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions.
- Enhanced Strategy Layer: Players will need to manage their relations with factions while countering enemy operations from the Avenger.
- Greater Customisation options: Soldiers develop bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks, while the SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every missions provides a unique challenge.
- A new Challenge Mode provides community challenges that rank players on a global leaderboard.
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen is available now on PC and will be arriving on Xbox One and PS4 on the 12th September.