Indie developer Sobaka Studio and publisher Buka Entertainment have announced that they are working on old school style brawler 9 Monkeys of Shaolin and intend to release it on Xbox One, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC and Mac this autumn. To celebrate the news they have released a new announcement trailer which we have for you below…
In 9 Monkeys of Shaolin players take the role of Chinese fisherman Wei Cheng who sets out to avenge the deaths of his friends and family after a violent pirate raid. Fortunately, Wei Chang knows the basics of the ancient martial arts mastered by legendary Shaolin monks and will use these skills to fight the hordes of enemies he comes across on his quest for revenge.
The game features:
- Three unique fighting styles: fight on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these three elements to defeat enemies.
- A captivating narrative that covers the story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
- A combination of historical and mystical elements provides an exciting experience with every scene.
- An extensive character development system with various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles.
- More than 25 different levels including Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and more.
- Ten types of Chinese and Japanese polearm weapons, each with its own unique traits.
- Co-op play: invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together.
9 Monkeys of Shaolin will arrive on PC, MAc, Linux and consoles this Autumn.