The brand new Man the Guns expansion is now available for Paradox Interactive’s popular World War II strategy wargame Hearts of Iron IV. This latest nautical themed expansion brings a boat load of improvements, including strategic convoy routes, alternate histories, a new ship design mode and older ship designs refits. A new trailer has been released showing the new expansion and can be seen below…
Among the new content arriving with the Man the Guns expansion is the addition of two new alternate history scenarios. The first of these relates to the US and will see players use congress to push for reform and possibly face another civil war. Secondly, a British alternate history will allow players to try for an early de-colonisation of the British Empire or restore the empire to its most powerful with the monarchy.
Other features of the expansion include:
- New ship components can be researched and used to refit older vessels to take advantage of the new knowledge. Submarines can be equipped with snorkels or improved stealth.
- Admirals can be leveled up with new traits and skills.
- Players can welcome a government in exile into their democracy, this boosts their legitimacy in return for more manpower and elite troops fighting to free their homeland.
- New national focuses for The Netherlands and Mexico.
- Protect coastlines from invasion or assault with anti-ship mines.
- Plot new shipping routes for the navy by marking areas to avoid.
- Follow internationally agreed upon rules or defy the world by exceeding the limits.
- Amphibious Landing Vehicles can be researched and will add extra power to beach assaults.
- New music composed specifically for the expansion.
- A major free update accompanies the update and includes fuel as a major resource and a new Rules screen that allows players to customise their World War experience.
Man the Guns expansion is available now for Hearts of Iron IV. Follow us on Twitter @FMyth_Gaming.