Paradox Interactive and developer Double Eleven have released Island Bound, the latest expansion for their popular prison management simulator Prison Architect. The expansion is available now on Xbox One, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC and will let players build their very own Alcatraz.
This expansion takes players to offshore locations where they will have the opportunity to build island compounds without needing an access road. Say goodbye to delivery lorries and hello to ships and helicopters to provide all the transportation the prison requires. Also introduced are more buildings, security options, construction opportunities and prison customisation options.
The DLC features:
- Use a variety of ferry and helicopter transport options that deliver supplies and inmates directly to docking areas around the compound. Though this brings more routes in for contraband.
- Link docks, helipads and roads to specific deliveries and toggle what services are available to each delivery point within the compound.
- New security objects make it easier to search deliveries and prisoners as they come into the prison, or as they pass through key security checkpoints.
- Customise the island or Connected Island Plot using more than fifteen nautical tiles and objects. Shape the land around the compound with moats, rivers and more.
- Two premade maps that allow players to manage the world’s most famous prison, Alcatraz Prison and Alcatraz Island.
Alongside this expansion a free content update will be available called The Rock. This update will provide prisoners with Dynamic Reputations. This can cause prisoners to gain or lose a reputation trait based on their behaviour.
The Prison Architect: Island Bound expansion is available now.