THQ Nordic has announced the release of the highly anticipated remake of the classic SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated on Xbox One, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC. A launch trailer can be seen below showcasing the new look for a new generation.
In SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated the devious Plankton is up to his old tricks and is putting his new dastardly plan of ruling the aquatic kingdom into action by unleashing hordes of robots. It’s up to SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy to get their bubble blowers and save Bikini Bottom with all the characters, locations and humour that fans love about the TV show.
Gamers will be able to play as SpongeBob, Patrick or Sandy and each has a unique skill to help them get past obstacles and through puzzles that litter each level. SpongeBob can use his underpants to bungee jump and Sandy can use a lasso to swing over gaps.
For those wanting a bit of multiplayer, there is a 2 player mode (in either local couch or online co-op) that will have players team up to battle the evil Robo-Squidward and all robots from the main game through wave after wave across more than 20 different islands. This mode also introduces four different characters Mr. Krabs, Gary, Squidward and Robo-Plankton with each having their own moves and attacks.
- Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and use their unique skills to save the city.
- Thwart Plankton’s devilish plan to rule Bikini Bottom.
- Countless characters from the beloved series, including Gary, Mr Krabs and more.
- A faithful remake of one of the best SpongeBob games ever created.
- High-end visuals, modern resolutions and polished gameplay.
- A brand new horde mode, multiplayer for two players both online and offline.
- Restored content that was cut from the original game such as Robo Squidward boss fight and more.
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated is available now on PC and consoles.