Daedalic Entertainment and developer Indoor Astronaut have released their chaotic, railway co-op hit Unrailed! today on Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC, a version for the Xbox One will follow soon. After being in early access on Steam for a year Unrailed! is set to release with a new biome, more game modes and much more. A new release trailer can be seen below showing the wild rail building excitement.
Unrailed! is a co-op railway construction game where players work with their friends to build tracks and guide their train through dangerous, procedurally generated terrain. Work together and build the track quick or the train will derail, but be careful as obstacles and local wildlife will do all they can to stop progress. Players will need to communicate with one another to build the track, prevent the train from overheating, stop the wildlife interference, gather resources and share the only set of tools.
Trains can be upgraded with a number of advancements, including extra wagons, crafting wagon upgrades, superchargers and even atomic engines, these upgrades will help players prepare for anything that waits around the next bend.
A new Mars biome will feature hazardous terrain and a mysterious creature that blocks the path and shoots at the train. Not only that, there is no water at all so players will need to ensure they make good use of energy shields and other technology.
- An intense and chaotic railroad construction experience.
- Online and local couch co-op multiplayer for up to 4 players.
- Procedurally generated worlds with different difficulty levels so never play the same game twice.
- Dynamic weather system plus a day and night cycle.
- Several game modes: Endless, Quick (up to 4 players) and Versus (2 vs 2 players).
- Five distinct biomes.
- More than 10 upgradable wagons to modify your train in Endless mode.
- Unlockable characters.
- A replay system.
- Simple controls & split controller mode.
Unrailed! is available now on PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC with an Xbox One edition coming soon.