Tripwire Interactive and developer Torn Banner Studios have announced the start of the cross-play closed beta for Chivalry 2. Through the duration of the event, ends 26th April, players will have the opportunity to experience brutal medieval combat on the battlefield. Thanks to cross-play, players will be able to fight against others on the Xbox family of consoles, PS4 and 5 and PC.
During the Chivalry 2 closed beta players will have access to the following content and features:
- Cross-play on all platforms allow players on PC and console to face off against each other on the battlefield.
- Mass-scale combat supporting up to 64-players and allowing them to experience an epic medieval battle.
- Four main classes expand to 12 sub-classes ranging from Skirmisher to Poleman.
- A variety of heavy duty siege engines, including Ballista, Vatapults, Trebuchets, Battering Rams, Mantlets, Spike Traps, Ladders and more.
- Use traps such as spikes and bear traps to injure the enemy with little effort.
- Cause damage with a number of different items found on the battlefield such as chalices and even a flaming chicken.
- The Siege of Rudhelm map.
- Team Objective and Team Deathmatch modes.
“When someone enters the battlefield in Chivalry 2, we want players to feel like they’re taking part in a truly epic battle, like the ones seen in our favorite Hollywood movies,” said Steve Piggott, President at Torn Banner Studios. “We want players to feel like Jon Snow from Game of Thrones, surviving against all odds, like William Wallace from Braveheart leading the charge to battle, like the defenders under siege at Helm’s Deep in The Lord of the Rings. These are the feelings we want to evoke, and we look forward to feedback from new players and longtime Chivalry veterans after they finally get a chance to experience what Torn Banner Studios has been working so hard on.”
Chivalry 2 will launch on 8th June and those who are eager to start playing now can digitally pre-order the game on PC and consoles and get access to the closed-beta.