Dead Drop Studios’ Outbreak: Endless Nightmares is now available on PC via Steam and is ready to deliver a new roguelike twist to fans of the popular Outbreak series. The developer has also announced that the game will include a free post-launch DLC, more details of which will be revealed over the coming months.
Outbreak: Endless Nightmares takes players to a zombie infested world, but before they venture into battle against the hordes they will find themselves in the ruins of the Arzt Memorial Hospital. This location is a safe zone where players can recoup after the nerve-racking fight and organise their storage caches and inventory. Once players leave the safety of this hub the fight against murderous zombie hordes begins, though it won’t be long before their character dies and they find themselves once again in the hub.
This latest game in the series gives players the option to choose from multiple characters, each of which has their own upgrade paths and more. Using these abilities, players will fight the zombies through a number of anomalies, each consisting of semi-procedurally generated situations. Players will be able to explore these areas and scavenge for supplies.
Thanks to the new roguelike gameplay, things get more difficult each time the player enters an anomaly and they will need to think carefully about the weapons, items and equipment they take with them.
Endless Nightmares features:
- Enjoy the series’ signature classic survival action with new roguelike gameplay.
- A massive semi-procedurally generated world to explore.
- Three camera angles, including fixed camera, over the shoulder or first-person.
- Take photos with the tactical camera.
- Fight, die, return to hub then fight again.
- Semi-procedurally generated dungeons to find different loot, puzzles, enemies etc.
- Split-screen 2 player co-op.
- 6 different characters with their own story, abilities and loadouts.
- Dismantle, repair and upgrade weapons and create ammo and healing items.
- 6 different game modes to enjoy, including Standard, Ironman, Randomiser, Lost Hope and Easy Mode.
- Find notes and logs to discover more about Lydia’s journal.
- Face a randomly-generated dungeon of extreme danger near the end of the game.
Outbreak: Endless Nightmares is available now on Xbox One, Series X/S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and Steam for PC.