Ziggurat Interactive, publisher of retro and modern games, and developer Abylight Studios have announced they will be releasing Prison Tycoon: Under New Management on Steam Early Access on 1st July. This reboot of the classic franchise will use all the features that fans loved but with more customisable design tools and an all-new art style.
This reboot of the series will provide gamers with a new perspective of what it means to be a successful prison warden. Players will need to grow their facility and maintain a balance between the security of the prison and the services it provides, losing the balance could result in catastrophe, especially for the finances.
To ensure the prison stays operational, it will be essential for players to secure funding from state agencies, manage the resources and keep the staff happy. Happy staff and proper care means happy prisoners…. well, as happy as they can get.
- Build to your own design, construct checkpoints, paths, cell blocks and even luxuries like VR therapy rooms.
- Build in five distinct environments, including tropical, tundra, taiga (boreal forest), swamp or desert biomes, each with its own environmental challenges.
- 12 different staff roles available and players will need to hire them all.
- Maintain a secure facility with guards cameras, watchtowers and more.
- Evaluate prisoners, rehabilitate then release them into the world for a new crime free life.
Prison Tycoon: Under New Management will release on Steam Early Access on 1st July.