Goblinz Studio and developer MonteBearo have announced that their latest deckbuilder Banners of Ruin is set to release on Nintendo Switch, GOG and Epic Games Store on the 29th July. The game has been on Steam Early Access for a year now and in that time has gained a lot of very positive reviews from gamers who have fought their way through the game’s animal ruled world.
In Banners of Ruin, players will build up a deck of action cards and fight their way through the city of Dawn’s Point in a series of turn-based combats. Players will be able to add up to 6 characters in their party with each member having their own set of unique cards and abilities that may boost the deck in interesting ways. These members can come from any of the six different races of creatures, including Bears, Wolves and Weasels.
Players will fight through the city to the Guard Captain defeating elite opponents, and experiencing a series of scenarios as they go. But should this valiant attempt fail then players can earn tokens after each run which can be used to unlock new cards that will help progress in the next run through.
- Build a deck by buying, unlocking and even looting cards.
- Build up the party of six from the six races, each bringing unique racial card pools and passives to help.
- Level up characters to unlock talent cards and powerful passives.
- Collect weapons and armour with different effects and abilities.
- Navigate the many streets in a dynamic card driven campaign.
- Make decisions as you journey through Dawn’s Point but decisions have consequences.
- An increasingly challenging array of enemies to fight.
Since Early Access started last year, the developers have added a wealth of new features including new enemies, more scenarios and a tonne of new cards and passives.
Banners of Ruin will release on Nintendo Switch, GOG and Epic Games Store on 29th July.