Filmed earlier this year in some of London’s most historic locations, Searchlight Pictures star-studded murder-mystery has finally dropped some clues as to what it’s all about by revealing the title and impressive line-up for the 2022 release. The newly monikered See How They Run will feature Sam Rockwell, Saoirse Ronan, David Oyelowo, Adrien Brody and Ruth Wilson.
Variety reports that joining that impressive quintet for the feature length directorial debut of This Country‘s Tom George will be Harris Dickinson, Sian Clifford, Jacob Fortune-Lloyd, Shirley Henderson, Reece Shearsmith , Paul Chahidi, Pearl Chanda, Charlie Cooper and Pippa Bennett-Warner.
See How They Run is set in the West End of 1950s London, where plans for a movie version of a smash-hit play come to an abrupt halt after a pivotal member of the crew is murdered. When world-weary Inspector Stoppard (Rockwell) and eager rookie Constable Stalker (Ronan) take on the case, the two find themselves thrown into a puzzling whodunit within the glamorously sordid theatre underground, investigating the mysterious homicide at their own peril.
As well as the first look image and synopsis, the studio also released a character list, which you can check out below:
- Rockwell’s Inspector Stoppard, a seasoned official who thinks he’s seen it all… until now.
- Ronan’s Constable Stalker, the indefatigably ambitious rookie on the case.
- Oyelowo’s Mervyn Cocker-Norris, celebrated writer, charged with adapting the successful stage play into a film.
- Brody’s Leo Köpernick, an unscrupulous film director with a flair for drama.
- Wilson’s Petula Spencer, a West End theatre impresario eager for her starring role.
- Shearsmith’s John Woolf, the esteemed film producer looking to shoot magic adapting a popular stage play to film.
- Clifford’s Edana Romney is John Woolf’s wife.
- Henderson’s Dame is known to all by name alone.
- Cooper’s Dennis the Usher, who witnesses more than a curtain call.
- Fortune-Lloyd’s Gio is the inscrutably handsome taxidermist hiding a secret lover.
- Chahidi’s Fellowes is a butler working for the Dame.
- Chanda’s Sheila Sim, a celebrated actress from the play hoping to make the leap to film.
- Dickinson’s Dickie Attenborough is Sheila’s suspicious husband.
- Bennett-Warner’s Ann Saville is Woolf’s assistant and mistress.
A murder-mystery to rival the much ballyhooed Knives Out franchise? Let us know what you think of this news by heading to our social channel @FlickeringMyth…