Freedom Games and developer Little Rock Games’ heartfelt dog shelter management sim, To The Rescue!, is now available on Steam for PC and Mac owners. This cute dog shelter simulator allows dog loving gamers to help find homes for stray woofers while also playing a part in supporting shelters in real life with 20% of developer profits going to The Petfinder Foundation charity. Want to see more cute pups? Click the video below…
In To The Rescue! take charge of a bustling local animal shelter where strays are filling up the enclosures to the point of bursting. Help these doggos find their furever homes while taking care of the shelter itself to provide a warm and welcoming environment for the animals and future adopters. There’s four dog sizes, seven breed types and 29 dog varieties, all with plenty of different individual personality traits and needing the perfect match with their adopter.
Players will have to ensure their dogs are healthy and happy by balancing feeding, grooming and exercise schedules with belly rubs and play time. There’s also facilities to upgrade, staff to hire, items to purchase and funding to be secured to help the shelter continue its fine work.
- 20% of the developer’s profit from sales of To The Rescue! goes towards real dog shelters through the PetFinder Foundation.
- Each dog is unique and generated with its own traits and preferences to make them distinctive and memorable.
- Adopters will come into the shelter looking for specific dogs so match their preferences to increase the chances of adoption.
- Upgrade and customise your shelter with deluxe kennels, get help with cleaning or upkeep and more!
- Sometimes it can be tough to afford to take care of all the dogs in the shelter so work to a tight budget and occasionally make tough decisions to keep helping dogs find homes.
“We are ‘unleashing’ To The Rescue! early to delight sim fans and dog people everywhere!” said Olivia Dunlap, co-founder, Little Rock Games. “We are delighted to not only pay respect to shelter volunteers around the world; but also bring meaningful awareness to their work through this game as well as assist in raising funds by donating a portion of our team’s proceeds.”
To The Rescue! is available to buy on Steam now for PC and Mac and will be coming to the Nintendo Switch next year. Remember, 20% of the developer’s profits go to a charity supporting pet shelters.