Those of you who enjoy card based brawling games may like Goon Squad from Atari and developer On5. This card based mob brawler puts players deep into the criminal underworld and is available now on Android and iOS devices. Watch the trailer below…
In Goon Squad players will venture into a world dominated by mobsters and gangs as a lowly goon and by collecting cards can rise up through the ranks to become an all powerful crime boss and rule the ultimate criminal empire.
Players will be able to brawl their way to the top by beating enemies in head to head card matches, sending your own goons to take over rival bases and ensuring the defence of your own safe house.
“Set in the illustrious era of mobsters and criminal empires, the gameplay in Goon Squad is equal parts lighthearted and mischievous,” said Fred Chesnais, Chief Executive Officer of Atari. “With this launch, Atari builds on our experience in the simulation game market and our growing mobile portfolio, while taking a note from the increasing popularity of digital card games.”
Goon Squad features:
- Head-to-Head Brawls: Battle rivals in real-time to take control of an opponent’s headquarters and win Skulls and Safes which contain rare cards, chips and cash.
- Gather a team of goons to do your dirty work or join an established squad to gain protection and cash.
- Hone your brawl skills in co-op and four player deathmatch modes, each of which has its own leaderboard, ranking system and reputation points.
- Defeat and outlast other players in four player free for all, Rumble Mode, and earn trophies.
- Rival Base Attacks that see your hired goons take over an opponent’s headquarters.
- Progress through iconic yet perilous gangster locales like Chinatown, Reno and the Boardwalk to claim special cards and improve your reputation.
- Play slots after each battle won, wagering the safe for a chance to win a better prize – or even the coveted jackpot. Or play 5-reel slots every couple of hours for even more chances to win.
Goon Squad is available now on Android and iOS.