Rumours about the galaxy far, far away have been running rampant over the last few weeks, with Star Wars mania on a high after the arrival of Star Wars: The Last Jedi and the upcoming release of Solo: A Star Wars Story.
With news continuing to swell that a trailer is imminent, one Reddit user has supposedly seen the first look at the new Anthology movie and has shared alleged details of what to expect. Nevertheless, a heavy pinch of salt is advised:
“Not much, but here’s a rundown of what l caught a glimpse of. There’s more obviously but this was the big stuff.
- Han walking, angle only shows his holstered blaster
- Wookiees getting transferred somewhere. Planet looked new, never seen it before
- Shot from behind of Han approaching a large crowd surrounding a table or something
- Close up of Han’s dice
- There’s like one shot of Woody’s character, but it was in a dark alley area and he looked paranoid
- Han doing his “Yehoo!” yell and the Falcon going through light speed
- Chewbacca roaring and running next to Han
- Somebody says “it’s not worth the risk”, pretty sure Lando says it
- There is a cut-to-black and somebody says “l’ll make him pay” and there’s a huge long rifle on a table with some armor piece next to it
- Didn’t see much of GoT chick’s character. There’s a “This Summer” title card that shows right after a glimpse of a handful of stormtroopers walking down an alley.”
Who knows how accurate this is, but it’s fair to assume that if at all accurate, then there is at least a fully cut version of the trailer, with the possibility of release in the very near future.
Solo: A Star Wars Story features Alden Ehrenreich (Hail, Caesar!) as the famous smuggler, Donald Glover (Atlanta) as Lando Calrissian, Woody Harrelson (War for the Planet of the Apes) as Beckett (Solo’s mentor), Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca and Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Fleabag), Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones), Thandie Newton (Westworld), Paul Bettany (Avengers: Infinity War), Ian Kenny (Sing Street), and Warwick Davis (Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi) in as-yet-unrevealed roles. It is set for release on May 25th 2018.