Frontier Developments have announced that they will be bringing the Ghostbusters to Planet Coaster soon via Steam. Don’t worry though – the Ghostbusters DLC pack will not be based upon the extremely disappointing 2016 movie, every bit of it will be based on the unbeatable 80s classic. Watch the new trailer below to put you in the mood for bustin’…
With the Ghostbusters DLC players will be able to dive straight into an all new story driven scenario featuring new gameplay mechanics, new rides, characters and scenery. Fan favourite ghosts will make an appearance, including the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and the iconic Slimer (or “The Onionhead Ghost” as he was known to the cast and crew).
Besides having favourite ghosts, rides and even the legendary Ecto-1, the Ghostbusters DLC also provides fans with the ultimate Ghostbusters treat as Dan Aykroyd reprises his role as the lovable Ray Stantz and mentors players throughout their campaign. Also joining Aykroyd is William Atherton, better known for his role as Walter Peck (“Yes it’s true, this man has no dick” Venkman).
The Ghostbusters DLC will provide players with a whole new way to play the game as they take on the role of a Ghostbuster to bust ghosts that are causing chaos for the rides.
Full features of the upcoming DLC include:
- A fully-voiced, narrative campaign featuring the voice talents of Dan Aykroyd and William Atherton.
- A new in-game interactive ghostbusting ride, The Ghostbusters Experience.
- A new, in-game Slimer-themed kiddie coaster, the RollerGhoster.
- Classic Ghostbusters characters such as Raymond Stantz, Slimer, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and a few surprises!
- Authentic scenery pieces and sounds straight from the 1984 original movie, including the Ghostbusters HQ, ECTO-1 and Ray Parker Jr’s classic Ghostbusters theme.
Look out for the Ghostbusters DLC pack coming soon to Planet Coaster.