Capcom has today released a brand new trailer and more screenshots than you can shake a stick at for the upcoming Resident Evil 3 remake. This trailer showcases the devastation of Raccoon City thanks to the T-Virus and the truly terrifying bioweapon that is Nemesis.
Resident Evil 3’s heroine, Jill Valentine, will be joined by a colourful cast of friends, enemies and adversaries out for her blood, specifically the iconic Nemesis. Nemesis will relentlessly pursue Jill through the crumbling remains of Raccoon City, armed with an arsenal of heavy duty weapons, including a rocket launcher and flame thrower, as well as an elongated tentacle mutation that strikes with lethal accuracy.
Other characters that will be encountered in the game include:
- Carlos Oliveira – A U.B.C.S. member experienced in guerilla warfare. Also watches Jill’s back.
- Brad Vickers – A survivor from the original Resident Evil and also a target of Nemesis.
- Mikhail Victor – The U.B.C.S. commanding officer desperate to save Raccoon City’s citizens.
- Nicholai Ginovaef – A U.B.C.S. team leader who will make cold, calculated decisions for the good of his mission.
- Tyrell Patrick – A seasoned U.B.C.S. veteran who specialises in hacking security systems.
- Murphy Seeker – A U.B.C.S. member and former U.S. Marine sniper.
- Dario Rosso – A civilian encountered in the ruins who refuses to leave the city after the death of his family.
- Hunter enemy – A terrifying new monster created from a combination of humans and reptiles and likely to cause all sorts of trouble for Jill and Carlos.
Resident Evil 3 features all the horrific settings from the original game ( as well as plenty of new ones) and has been brought to life using the RE Engine, which was previously used to create the acclaimed Resident Evil 7 Biohazard, Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5.
Resident Evil 3 will arrive on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Steam on 3rd April.