After bringing Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy to the consoles back in March, Aspyr has announced that 1999’s classic Nintendo 64 podracing game Star Wars Episode I: Racer is now available on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.
“Get ready to start your engines because one of the galaxy’s most dangerous races is on with the launch of Star Wars Episode I: Racer,” said Elizabeth Howard, vice president of publishing at Aspyr. “Now on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 for the first time, we can’t wait to see fans reactions as they experience this Nintendo 64 classic on modern platforms.”
Watch the trailer trailer here…
It’s a race unlike any other! Star Wars Episode l: Racer lets players take control of a podracer, speeding through flaming methane lakes, Tusken Raider assaults, anti-gravity tunnels, and much more in a pulse-pounding, do-or-die fight to the finish line.
- 25 playable racers including Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
- Race tracks spanning eight unique planets including Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
- Players can work with pit droids to upgrade their podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master lap times
- Play single-player campaigns or multiplayer via split-screen