James Gunn, the director of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, says the film has not been delayed by Disney, despite what rumours recent rumours may claim.
It’s been a bumpy road so far for the third film in the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise, with James Gunn originally being removed from directing duties due to some jokes and then later re-hired.
Now lockdown and the pandemic are causing issues for films worldwide, with a big knock-on effect for movies coming later down the road a strong possibility. However, despite rumours that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 would not start filming on time and might be delayed, Gunn says so far there is nothing to worry about.
Responding to a fan account on Twitter, Gunn said: “I can confirm that the plans for when we’re filming #GotGVol3 & when it’s being released have not changed at all over the past year & a half or so. Any rumors otherwise are false. I appreciate your caution!”
Thanks, friend. I can confirm that the plans for when we're filming #GotGVol3 & when it's being released have not changed at all over the past year & a half or so. Any rumors otherwise are false. I appreciate your caution! ❤️ https://t.co/mhbSYWHWJ4
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) August 4, 2020
Hopefully, this remains the case going forward and the film can get underway as Disney has planned and therefore arrive to cinemas in a timely fashion.