Solo development studio UpRoom Games will be releasing their deck-building, turn-based strategy A Token War on Steam on 28th April. This tactical game will encourage creativity with battle plans as players collect a variety of tokens and magic spells. Check out the new trailer below…
In A Token War players will defend their fortress and wage war across five distinct regions collecting tokens and spells as they go. Spells can be used defensively and offensively while tokens will be used on unique game boards. Thanks to the game’s procedurally-generated nature players will need to make changes to their battle plans as they progress.
A Token War features:
- A new style of deck-building that sees players build a collection of unique tokens and spells to use in battle.
- Turn-based strategy: Command tokens on unique game boards designed to fuse deck-building with classic, positional strategy games like chess.
- Designed and procedural encounters: Each encounter combines designed and procedural elements to create a more varied and dynamic play experience.
- Earn new and powerful upgrades to use on the stronghold.
- Local versus mode allows players to challenge their friends and family to a battle of wits in a unique draft system using a shared pool of tokens.
A Token War arrives on Steam on 28th April.