After listening to the requests of the Railway Empire community, Kalypso Media and developer Gaming Minds Studios have announced they will be releasing the Japan DLC on 7th May. This ninth DLC in the series (others include Great britain and the US) will be available for PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store as well as the Microsoft Store and Playstation Store, it is also due to be released on Nintendo switch at a later date. Visit the Land of the Rising Sun in the new trailer below…
The Japan DLC takes players to Japan in the late-1800s where an industrial revolution is thriving and the population needs a cast iron infrastructure to transport goods and people. The former feudal regions are wanting to travel to the booming cities where jobs and the prospects of money are too tempting to ignore and it’s up to players to ensure there’s a nationwide railway network capable of handling the demand.
Players will be able to plan and build tracks through the Japanese landscape, moving through mountains and amongst the cherry blossoms and move japan swiftly and soundly into the industrial age.
The update features:
- Two brand new scenarios: ‘Rising Sun’ (1870 – 1890) and ‘Twisted Paths’ (1900 – 1920).
- There are 3 new maps of Japan (All, Mid and South) and are available to play in Free Game and Sandbox modes.
- The addition of 8 historical engines including the D51 Degoichi, Class 9600 Kyuroku and Class 8620 Hachiroku.
- trade 28 new goods (e. g. sake and rice) with 35 more cities able to be discovered.
- Added ‘ticket’ feature playable on all Railway Empire maps – cater to tourists and commuters to increase your profits.
- 11 iconic Japanese landmarks including Osaka Castle, Hells of Beppu and the Itsukushima Shrine.
- New music, buildings and reworked mini portraits for characters.
The Japan DLC will be available from the 7th May. Those who wish can pre-order via the Kalypso Store for 17% off up until release.