Leonardo Interactive and developer Woodland Games have announced they will be releasing their hellish sim game Hell Architect on Steam for PC on 18th August. Taking inspiration from the classic survival sim and construction management games of times gone by, Hell Architect will drop players into the role of an architect tasked with creating devilish means of torture and punishment of the wicked. A new announcement trailer can be seen below.
As the chief architect of Hell it is the players job to devise and build ever more inventive ways of torturing the sinners who arrive there. There’s a wealth of hellishly themed buildings and crafting options available to put these sinners in with their just punishments. Players will also be able to research and construct rooms that will have sinners harvest resources that can construct other torture devices.
Architects can expect lots of gore and more dark humour than you can shake a stick at, but don’t forget to impress the big boss, Lucifer. Who knows what he’ll do if displeased.
Hell Architect features:
- Design and build the 9 levels of Hell in the single player campaign mode or design your own Hell in sandbox mode.
- Build basic structures like power stations and canteens then moev on to more intricate torture contraptions and shrines.
- Harvest resources, expand Hell and make sure there’s enough space for the torture of the constant stream of lost souls.
- Treat sinners to different types of suffering, either because of disobedience or just for fun.
- A stylish 2D art style goes well with the dark humour.
- Play as a number of history’s most despicable sinners, each with their own abilities.
Hell Architect arrives on Steam on 18th August.